Every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday | Available from April till September
Duration: 9 hours
Souda Bay & Islets – Amazing History
Souda is the most important ferry and naval port of Chania. It is one of the deepest natural harbors in the Mediterranean. The bay is overlooked on both sides by hills, with a relatively low and narrow isthmus in the west near Chania. Near the mouth of Souda bay, between the Akrotiri Peninsula and the town of Kalives, there is a group of small islands with Venetian fortifications which were built in the 15th century. The island of Souda is not only famous for the James Bond movie “For Your Eyes Only” that was filmed on it but also for its history as it was the last place that remained free when Crete was invaded and also it was the first place where the Greek Flag was raised after Crete unified with Greece.
The cruise starts from the Marine Sports Centre of Souda. The vessel departs and moves to the historic Graveyard of Souda, a monument from the 1st world war in memony to the people that helped Crete to free from invaders. After that, the vessel moves to the
exit of the Gulf passing by through the historic and legendary islet of Souda with is located at the entrance of the Gulf.
The first stop is the beach of Almirida where we anchor. You will have time to enjoy a morning swim in the beautiful refreshing waters of the area. After the refreshing swim, the vessel heads to the caves of Cape Drepano, which the sea waves have hewed as a sculpture.
The caves size allows the ship to enter inside them and give you the chance to watch the “miracle” of what nature has created, to enjoy the view and also to get some pictures or video.
After this primitive and unique experience, the ship heads to the beach of Marathi, where you will have plenty of time to enjoy this beautiful sandy and sunny beach but also to visit the monuments of the area. On the way back, the vessel passes extremely close from
the islet of Souda where you can take pictures and also listen to the islands history.
- .Relaxing Cruise
- See the James Bond Island of Souda from reeeeeally close!
- Enter the Cave of Drepano with the ship
- Swim in the Refreshing Cool Waters of Almirida & Marathi Beach (2 Swim Stops!)
08:30‐09:20 Pick up
09:45 Arrival at the port of Souda ‐ Departure
11:00 Anchorage at Almirida Sea Area
11:30 Departure from Almyrida to the Cave of Cape Drepano (weather permitting)
12:15 Arrival at Marathi – Free time at the beach
15:00 Departure from Marathi
16:00 Arrival at Souda
16:30‐17:30 Arrival at your Hotel
Remember to bring‼️ Sun Cream (a lot!), Sunglasses and Hat, Long-Sleeved Shirt for Sensitive skin, Swim Suit and Beach Towel.
- Pick-up from Kalyves area requires a minimum number of 4 adults with an extra charge of 6,00€ per person.
- Rubbish disposal apart from the designated areas is strictly prohibited.
Terms & Conditions
- The travel agency reserves the right to alter or cancel any tour due to adverse weather conditions or insufficient passengers number or force majeure 12 hours prior to departure time with a notification to the traveler.
- Please arrive on time to the given pick-up point. Unfortunately, there is no option to wait for latecomers. In case of delay, missed pick-up, missed departure time, no refunds.