During your descent you will meet various famous locations such as the “Airplane”, “Stenada”, “Mesofarango” and “Xepitira Arch”.
Imbros gorge was the escape route for thousands of allied troops retreating from the north of the island. During the period of the battle of Crete in 1941 the troops headed for Chora Sfakion to be collected by ships.
After approximately 1 hour of walk into the gorge, you will reach the narrowest point of the gorge. The walls of the gorge are less than 2 meters apart and tower 300 m. above. At the end of the gorge you will reach “Komitades” village, where the bus will take you to Chora
shops and taverns are located within and around the villages. In its northern neighbourhood, you will find the ruins of the venetian “Fortress of Sfakia” or “Castel di Sfacia or Sfachia” where you can get a panoramic view of Sfakia and admire the wilderness of the
- 2nd Largest Gorge in Crete (9 km)
- Very nice for Hikers, even beginners!
- Swim in the Refreshing Cool Waters of Southern Cretan Villages in the end
08:30-09:20 Pick up
10:20 Arrival at Imbros gorge – free time for coffee and/or breakfast
10:40 Beginning of the hike
13:00 Hike ends at Komitades Village (depending on how fast you walk). Departure for Sfakia (or else called Chora Sfakion)
13:30 Arrival at Sfakia where you can swim or enjoy a meal at the local taverns
16:30 Departure from Sfakia
18:00-18:30 Arrival at your Hotel
Remember to bring‼️ Sun Cream, Sunglasses and Hat, Long-Sleeved Shirt for Sensitive skin, Good hiking shoes, Bottle of water and Light Snacks (fruits etc.), Swim Suit and a Beach Towel.
- Mandatory use of face covering before boarding on bus
- Pick-up from Kalyves area requires a minimum number of 4 adults with an extra charge of 6,00€ per person.
- The following are prohibited inside the gorge: radios, singing, excessive noise, disposal of rubbish in places other than those provided, smoking anywhere other than the rest points, consumption of alcohol.
- The travel agency reserves the right to alter or cancel any tour due to adverse weather conditions or insufficient passengers number or force majeure 12 hours prior to departure time with a notification to the traveler.
- Please arrive on time to the given pick-up point. Unfortunately, there is no option to wait for latecomers. In case of delay, missed pick-up, missed departure time, no refunds.